You can find our latest opportunities here.
If you see something you like please get in touch and we can talk you through the opportunity in more detail.
If you are looking for a certain type of opportunity but can’t see it here, give us a shout and we can search our wider independent network.
Senior Strategy Director
*Fantastic new position for 2022*
Are you an experienced strategy director who is ready to drive forward the strategy offer for a highly successful branding and comms agency?
This is an exceptional opportunity to build a collaborative team of bright and entrepreneurial strategists and expand the strategic offer through innovative, transformational, and cutting-edge insight, analysis and thought leadership.
This is a leading independent branding and comms agency. It has an informal, cooperative feel to the organisation. The team is motivated, positive and staff turnover is extremely low. The agency has big client names to their credit; they work across many divisions of branding and communications from employee engagement and CSR to brand strategy and digital. Creatively it is very strong and produces some outstanding work.
The branding team is growing and there is now a need for a Senior Strategy Director to take the lead. They will be working closely with the CSD to drive the expanding offer. There are many big clients and projects waiting in the wings – some of them with huge potential. The role requires someone who relishes leading projects and is a real opportunity to personally shape the team and the offer. The Senior Strategy Director will be responsible for providing strategic and commercial rigour on client work, taking a leading role in winning work and helping develop their clients’ imagination to open them to new and exciting opportunities.
- 7-10 years’ experience in brand consulting and proven experience of leading and driving significant projects for global brands
- A background in branding and/or advertising considered
- Experience articulating compelling brand strategies local and global clients
- Experience developing commercially viable propositions
- A particular interest in creative solutions; someone who enjoys developing creative outputs with designers and creative teams
- Confident and comfortable presenting to senior level clients
- To provide strategic and commercial rigour on projects and contribute to developing creative solutions
- To engage effectively with c-suite clients, with persuasiveness and gravitas
- To partner effectively with other members of the project team to ensure that rigour is balanced with inspiration and imagination
- To develop and present well-thought through, well-structured and compelling arguments in all forms of communication and propose innovative ways to convey ideas and information
- To deliver a great client experience through activities such as workshops as well as day-to-day interaction
- To gain the trust and respect of clients and the internal team
- To proactively share knowledge and points of view
- To offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team
The role requires a leader who thrives in a creative environment. They will be commercially minded and proactive; someone who understands brands in a business context, is insightful and inspiring and a great team player with a good sense of humour. Someone who is happy to leave their ego behind in order to work collaboratively. They may be working in a larger agency and looking for more flexibility and freedom. Or they could be in a small boutique consultancy looking to work on a wider mix of large, dynamic and international projects.
A great opportunity for a leader with a real passion for strategy to open new opportunities with existing and new clients, and to develop a culture of fresh and exceptional strategic thinking that inspires, engages, and retains clients.